Friday, March 20, 2009

Gulliver

a) The questions I have are : How did Gulliver come across Lilliput? Why didnt Gulliver attempt to escape? Why did the Lilliputians show so much hospitality to Gulliver? What is the parralell between Lilliputian politics and the politics of the British government at the time?. I chose excerpts that included information on the government type of Lilliput. I knew that any information i could get on thier form of government would help draw parallels to the british government. I predicted that the questions my partner and I wrote would be similar to the other groups questions.
b) Putting myself in the teacher's shoes is always an enjoyable experience. I like the feeling of showing others, especially my peers, that i'm well informed about the topic on hand and am able to discuss it thoroughly. That was the good part, as well as being able to get my peers reactions to any questions i might of had. The bad was the markers that were hard to get off my hands, and on a serious note, the lack of focus in the classroom took away from the comprehension of the text. The ugly was my poster, not a fan of pink.
c) My plan is the same. I know what i have to do and will execute it accordingly. We will go over the questions we have, the excerpts that help answer those questions, and our explanations of the excerpts meaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment